Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Salutation

Copper Contributor

Email Salutation

We just installed 2009 11.0. I have email up and running with outlook. On our older version of ACT when I sent an email it would use the persons first name and the salutation. In the new version 2009. It does not put in the persons name. I have tried everything I can think of but no luck. Can any one help?

Ted Pinelli

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email Salutation

Hello Ted,

If you are referring to the contact's name in the body of the email, that is controlled by a default email template called Emailbody.adt. You can edit this template by going to Write/Edit Template, then opening the Emailbody.adt template. Make sure this template has the contact fields added to it you would like to see.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

The emailbody.adt template is fine, but you should also look at setting up multiple templates (one for every occasion) by Write | New Letter/ Email template.

I would do the following:
1. Try to write an email using an existing email template and see if it correctly merges the pre-designed field information.
2. Assuming that works, then go write | edit template and change the same existing template to include other fields (like salutation, etc), and see if that still works also.

Normally, you will find that if you use an existing email template as your base, then build from there, that it should resolve any issues you might have.
Hope that helps.

Cedric Amoyal
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Contact Group
www.thecontactgroup.com.au
Copper Contributor

Greg, I have never been able to make this work. We have now upgraded to 2010. All custom email/letter templates we have created will include salutation signatures etc. However when we just want to send an email from a contact record buy just clicking on the persons email address in the record, an email comes up but no salutation. The email body template has been created but it seems that when we just want to send a quick email it is not tied to or connected to the template to bring up a first name salutation. How can we fix this? Our old act 2006 always added the salutation to the simple email.

I have tried to use the default email template called emailbody.adt but can't get the body to come up. It does work with Letter.ADT though. Any ideas. I am using Act 2010 on Windows 7 with Outlook 2007.  I do have a graphic in the email body though. Any help would be appreciated.