Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Outlook Integration

Re: Email Outlook Integration

Our Outlook Integration problem continues  We are unable to properly configure the Add-Ins option in Outlook

Why is not showing the paperclip and .msg file from Outlook when I send an email?  Instead all it shows is the text of the email?

Administrator

Hi 4001327047,

You can configure how the email is recorded in Act! by following the steps in this Knowledgebase article, under the heading Setting the Default E-mail History Option.

If you would like the email to attach as a .msg file, select the type of history to be recorded to E-mail subject, message and all attachments.

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Another thing I ran into today when I attempted to attach an email to a contact.

Email had 2 attachments - 1 was 7MB and the other was 200K.  When I clicked on the icon to attach the email to the contact it appeared to work fine, however it did not show up in the contact's history.

When I removed the 7MB file the email did, in fact, attach properly.

So there must be a size limit to any attachment - correct?  If so, what is it?  Is the limit noted in any documentation?

Thanks

Administrator

The Outlook integration for Act! Premium for Web and Act! Premium Cloud has an overall email size limit of 2MB. If the email is larger than this (including attachments), it will not be attached.

I have requested that this information be noted in the Knowledgebase article for Act! web Outlook integration.

This limitation does not apply to the desktop software Outlook integration.
Silver Contributor

Just applied update so client is now on ACT V18.2 Hotfix 6

act-outlook integration come up with failure after 1 or 2 minutes on most machines.

Tried repair of Office and reinstalling ACT.

Administrator

Hi ch1p,

We're currently investigating further integration issues with the latest build of Office.
I would recommend calling support to perform additional troubleshooting for the particular issues you're running into, as our current workarounds are specific to the actual issues which can vary.

Gary,

"We're currently investigating further integration issues with the latest build of Office.
I would recommend calling support to perform additional troubleshooting for the particular issues you're running into"

Does this still apply?  Is this situation going to be stabilized any time soon?

Jeff

Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am both very frustrated and then sympathetic with what Swiftpage are trying to deal with.

Microsoft have issued an unprecedented number of updates for Office 2016 / 365 and they have a major impact on ACT integration. As soon as a patch is released by Swiftpage to resolve the problem this causes we find MS releasing a new update which often produces yet more issues.  

In the middle of this customers and support staff are trying to keep ACT working with Outlook and it is a constant battle.

I believe the current integration design is vulnerable and a rethink on how ACT and Outlook integrate is needed urgently that does not rely on MAPI so that on going issues do not continue as whatever the cause it is harming ACT's reputation.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I'm using Act4Outlook that seems to have no problems.

See https://www.keystroke.ca/act4-products/act4outlook 

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Gary,

There was an update over the weekend.   How, if at all, was the Outlook Integration effected?