Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Outlook Integration

Re: Email Outlook Integration

Gary,

Any ideas on the anticipated time frame for resolving this pending issue (builds after 16.0.4229)?

Jeff

Copper Super Contributor

The issue remains after a restart and a complete shut-down. I'm also now getting an error message about Email not being set up although Outlook is running, so is ACT!.
Silver Contributor

With the latest security update from MS and the removal of the link that ACT uses to link to Outlook 2016 in the last MS update please can I suggest a conversation take place between your design team and the people at this link.

http://davton.com/outlook-integration/?gclid=CJuG95q93dQCFW-17QodvPsDgg

Administrator

@4001327047

Hi Jeff, unfortunately I don't have any information relating to timescales at the moment. I hope to have more info on this soon.

@spsearch

Are you able to go though the email system setup wizard again? (Tools > Preferences > E-mail & Outlook Sync)

If the email system list is still blank, or you are still running into problems after completing the wizard again, please could you double check the Office version you have installed?

@ch1p

Thanks ch1p, I'll pass this info along to the Product management team.

We are running MS Office Professional Plus 2016 - 16.04266.1001  - so should the integration work for this?

To confirm - issue also pertains to MS Office Professional Plus 2016 as well as Office 365?

Administrator

The reference info I have on affected versions of Outlook is summarised in the table in the Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580
Version 16.0.4266 is quite close to 16.0.4229, but I don't have any confirmation as to whether it is also affected by the issues.

All versions of Office 2016 are affected by the issues described in the above article, including Office Professional Plus 2016 and Office 2016 obtained though Office 365.
Copper Super Contributor

Tools>Preferences>email set up wizard - there box to select an option is empty. My MS Office Home & Business 2016 v 16.0.8201.2102. I rolled back to an earlier update.
Copper Super Contributor

Given that rolling back to an earlier version isn't a solve, would you recommend I go to a current version? If so, are the steps just the opposite - ie registry entry?
Administrator

Hi spsearch,
It would appear that your Outlook has re-updated or the downgrade didn't finish correctly. Please make sure to follow the steps exactly as written in the Knowledgebase article linked above. This includes steps to ensure that auto-updating for Outlook is turned off.
The version of Outlook that the rollback will take you to is 16.0.4229, and it will be necessary to remain on this version until the integration issue has been resolved.
Administrator

Hi everyone,

We now have a solution to the issues encountered with later Office 2016 versions. We are working on update packages to resolve this, and will be sending a communication to all customers very soon. In the meantime, a manual change can be made to address this as detailed in the Knowledgebase article below:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580

Information around other related Office integration defects can also be found below:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38800

This solution means it is no longer required to downgrade your Office version. I hope this information is useful, and please let us know if you continue to experience specific integration issues following the change.

Regards,

Stuart