Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Outlook Integration

Copper Super Contributor

Email Outlook Integration

I'm unable to sync outlook emails into ACT! history. It was working fine until about 2 weeks ago.  When I go to the ACT! preferences, email setup, the wizard doesn't list ANY options in the select email system step 2.  The ACT! Add on in Outlook is enabled.  The sync icon in the process tray is missing.  

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Email Outlook Integration

[ Edited ]

MS Office update has broken Act! Outlook integration ...AGAIN. Its Microsoft's fault, not Act!

You might have to roll back your MS Office build number to a build in April.

Act! has a KB on this.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580

spsearch wrote:

I'm unable to sync outlook emails into ACT! history. It was working fine until about 2 weeks ago.  When I go to the ACT! preferences, email setup, the wizard doesn't list ANY options in the select email system step 2.  The ACT! Add on in Outlook is enabled.  The sync icon in the process tray is missing.  

Good luck,

Scott Abboud

Allied Financial Software, Inc.

www.software4advisors.com

Administrator

Exactly as scotta has said above, unfortunately there are some known issues with the latest build of Office.

You can double check if your build of Outlook is one of the affected builds by going to:

File > Office Account > About Outlook

If you are running an affected build, we recommend rolling back your Office version to a known working version (16.0.4229.xxxx). You'll find steps and advice on doing this in the KnowledgeBase article that scotta linked above.
Copper Super Contributor

I rolled back my Office version and that seems to have taken care of part of the issue. I can now press the Email button in ACT and get Outlook to pop up. Now, when I try try to view the progress of the integration process,I get messages that say "32-bit ACT-Outlook Service has stopped working" The icon comes and goes from the active icon tray.
Administrator

Hi spsearch,

Is this issue still occurring after a PC reboot?
Administrator

To add to Gary's suggestion above, it may be necessary to run through the email system settings too.

You can do this by going to Tools > Preferences > Email & Outlook Sync... > Email System Setup  and then running through the wizard.

Our integration of Outlook and ACT Premium web only uses the attach email icon that is on the Add-Ins toolbar of Outlook, no syncing of any kind.

Does anyone know if the reported issue with Outlook 2016 will effect this type of integration?

Thank you in advance

Jeff Coney

Administrator

Hi Jeff,

If you are using Outlook 2016, then It has been reported that it does. What version of Outlook do you currently have installed?

I am using Outlook 2013 (no issues) but I was about ready to do the integration for a colleague who is using Outlook 2016 - so you are telling me I should hold off until the issue has been resolved?

Administrator

Hi Jeff,

You can still go ahead with integrating Act! with Outlook 2016, however you'll need to ensure that the version of Office 2016 that is installed is not above 16.0.4229. Instructions for doing this are in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580