Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Outlook Integration

Re: Email Outlook Integration

So to confirm - we are using ACT Premium Web - so for the integration to work properly I need do delete the adal.dll file - as indicated below - correct?

1. Act! Premium (access via web)
    • 64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web
    • 32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Web
  2. Locate the adal.dll file and name it adal.OLD
Administrator

We recommend renaming the file rather than deleting, however the installation paths you stated are correct depending on whether a 32 or 64-bit Operating System.

Further information around our upcoming update packages to resolve this issue have also been published to the Knowledgebase article below:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38803

Regards,

Stuart

Thank you for the prompt response

Since we are running the Web version other than renaming the DLL - there is nothing else for us to do - correct?

It would not make sense for us to re-run the integration ?

Sorry if I am slow

Administrator

Apologies - my initial answer was not clear on this, however the issues fixed by this process do depend on how you are using the integration:

• If you are accessing an Act! Premium for Web database via a browser, and have downloaded and installed the Outlook integration package, then the issues with later Office 2016 versions would not affect you. Any integration issues you are seeing would be unrelated to the problems with adal.dll, so would require separate troubleshooting.
  • If you are logging in directly to an Act! Premium for Web installation using the desktop client, then these issues would affect you, and renaming adal.dll would resolve them.

I appreciate this may not be clear from our knowledgebase articles either, so have provided feedback to this team to see if we can make some improvements.

Regards,

Stuart

Stuart,

Thank you.

We are accessing an Act! Premium for Web database via a browser, and have downloaded and installed the Outlook integration package - so you are saying that we would not even need to rename the .dll file and that the integration should work?  

This is an installation  for a 2nd user in our office, I am currently using the integration successfully using Outlook 2013 with no issues.

BTW - are there any plans to improve the "Create ACT contact" input screen that is now part of the integration - such as being able to also add ID Status and have a drop down for company name

Thanks

jeff 

Administrator

Hi Jeff,

That's correct. This fix is only required if you are using a desktop installation of Act!, otherwise the specific adal.dll file which causes the conflict does not exist on your machine.

If you do also have desktop installations which are used, it's worth noting that Update 2 for Act! v19.2 has been released within the last few hours. This is available on our Download Center, and implements the same fix to adal.dll to resolve these problems. Update packages for v19.1, 19.0 and 18.2 are also in progress, and further information around timescales and contents can be found here.

Regarding improvements to the 'Create Act! Contact' feature - these are not currently planned, but I have captured your feedback for further discussion with our development team. Many thanks for sharing this.

Regards,

Stuart

Copper Super Contributor

Folks - this may not be quite fixed. When I go into Outlook 2016 and to the ACT add-ins Toolbar - the only icons there are for calendar and contact integration.. Missing are: the icons for quick attach, create new contact and maybe others.
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try running the ACT - Outlook wizard again. Make sure Outlook is selected at Screen 2 and I suggest removing the database and then adding back on screen 3.

Just had another one where Outlook had disabled the Add-in so had to make it active again.

And another one where I had to manually add the ACT Address Book back into Outlook.

These may not be related to the original issue dealt with by the fix but normal ACT - Outlook integration problems.

I now have tried to run the Outook integration on 2 different machines - Outlook version 2016 - no local installation of ACT - Premium Cloud only and the integration does not work properly - hoping it can get fixed ASAP.

Address book is fine, Icons on Add-In toolbar are fine .  Problem is on the Add-Ins menu when you go to configure the parameters for sending and attaching emails error appears - I was unable to access either of screens for configuring sent or received emails.

Need help - we need to get this resolved

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi 4001327047,

The best way to get help with this particular issue is to either give us a call so we can perform some additional troubleshooting, or by submitting a support ticket over the web - http://www.act.com/resources/contact