Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Notifications

Email Notifications

When I try to send email notifications for scheduled items I receive the following error:

Unable to create the email message.  This activity contains no recipients with valid email addresses.

I know this isn't true since I am testing myself, and have set up my email preferences, and passed the test message.  What am I missing in getting this to work?

Thanks - Rick

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email Notifications

Try adding another contact ... it won't send to you as receiving the activity would just create a duplicate

Yes, I tried multiple times with myself and one additional employee... and received the same response.  Then out of the blue as I was speaking with a tech support from Sage... it worked.  Didn't change anything didn't set the activity up any different... but now it works.

Thanks - Rick

Yesterday as I was on the paid line to resolve this issue - of course the software behaved and issued the email notifications for meetings etc... Today once again it has decided to be stubborn and not generate emails - same failure message.  This is very frustrating.

[ Edited ]

Yes, one was a meeting I set up with my direct report, another with a meeting with my HR manager both are ACT users. But this doesn't make any sense.  Wednesday Act doesn't send meeting notifications, then it does and then on Thursday it doesn't.  All initiated from the same computer, from the same user, and both were initiated to two act users... Weird.

Rick

I can only guess that a non-user was added when it worked... give that a try

It doesn't send invite to users, because it adds to their calendar when you create it... so if they got the email and clicked the attachment, it would add a duplicate