Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Not Attatching To Primary Contact When Sending To Secondary

Copper Contributor

Email Not Attatching To Primary Contact When Sending To Secondary

When one of my users sends an Email to a Secondary Contact and CC's the Primary Contact, the message is not being added into the Primary Contact's History.  Is this by design or is there something wrong?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email Not Attatching To Primary Contact When Sending To Secondary

Copper Contributor

He hasnt tried that.  Guess thats something to give a whirl.  I just didnt want to start sending out test emails to our contacts.

Create a test contact and secondary contact with emails from your organisation
Copper Contributor

Re: Email Not Attaching To Primary Contact When Sending To Secondary

I just tried it from my mail account.  I created John Doe, with an Email @ XXX.COM and a secondary contact Jane Doe, with an Email @ YYY.COM.  I sent an email to Jane and CC'd John, and it attached to the History.  Why do I always get these strange intermittent problems?  Now why did it NOT attach for my user?  What do I need to check?  We send all email through Outlook 2007 and I know that his address book is set up correctly because I set it up myself.  I see messages being attached to some of the contacts as they go out for him, but apparently some are being dropped.  Why?Smiley Mad

I'd try doing the test on the user's machine... you might have set it up correctly, but the number of fixes I've done where the user "has not touched anything" (but must have) is quite a fair amount
Copper Contributor

Gottcha Smiley Wink

At least you know it should work from your test...

On the user machine, if it doesn't work, try just an email to the Primary contact alone. If this fails, it's just the integration or someone might have turned off or changed the History setting
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]
I am sitting at the user's desk now and the outbound emails attach when I CC the primary contant of my test contact in ACT!.  Im stumped (again).Smiley Indifferent

Message Edited by stresco on 03-17-2008 11:47 AM

So, it's working... is it possible the original email address wasn't spelled correctly?

Are you logged into Windows and ACT! as the user?

Did they use the ACT! address book to enter it?

Did they expect it to appear instantly? You know it can take a minute and still need a Refresh to appear?
Although, the History Queue times can be changed as per http://tinyurl.com/2ht5bf