Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Integration options

Email Integration options

New to Sage Act, currently using the trial version.  The biggest drawback for me is that I use gmail heavily and it won't integrate with this program.  I do not have or use outlook.  What are my options?  I like the program so far but will not purchase it if I cannot support my emailing needs.  Thanks in advance for the advice.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Email Integration options

Sage ACT! 2012, which is being released next week, has full Gmail integration.

Nickel Elite Contributor

I have 2012 installed and setup with Google integration (only email currently, not Contact or Calendar yet).  The GMail integration works great.  I email from GMail (i.e. browser), and my phone, and my Kindle (believe it or not), and ACT just runs in the background sync-ing the emails with the contacts.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Great!  I'm glad to hear that, sage act is a quality program that I'm enjoying very much.  Will there be a trial version of 2012 available or will I need to purchase it right away?  

Nickel Elite Contributor

http://www.act.com/Products-and-Services/Sage-ACT-Premium-2012

Click the yellow Try button...

Richard Brust

I am new to Sage Act! I have the Act! 2012 Premium Edition. I am currently having issues with importing contacts from Gmail, which I am quite sure I would be able to sort out. There's another thread where I have posted the challenge I am facing, if you are interested! Smiley Happy

My question is; once I have all the Gmail contacts in Act! - is it possible to sync all the existing emails in to these contacts in Act! and have these emails in the history with attachments for the respective contacts?

Atleast these was the assumption that lead me to wait and purchase the 2012 Premium edition with google/gmail integration.

Cheers!

Curious about the differences between Sage ACT Pro and premium.  We are a small company with No more than 1-4 users who may use this program. I will be using it for sure, the others may catch on to it later with expansion.   Which version will best suit our company?

http://www.act.com/Products-and-Services

From my research, I concluded that I would have to pay additionally for each add ins and additional functionality which quite frankly I am not willing to. Therefore, I vouched for the premium version of the software.

Nickel Elite Contributor

I have not done a super-in-depth test, but my initial observation is that it pulls Inbox and Sent (up to a certain date, which you specify).  I put most of my emails into "label" buckets, and I noticed some recent ones that did *not* get imported into ACT - they were in a label/folder, not in the Inbox.

Again, this is totally a guess, but it's just what I noticed...

Richard Brust
Nickel Elite Contributor

Regarding:

pgafuture wrote:

Curious about the differences between Sage ACT Pro and premium.  We are a small company with No more than 1-4 users who may use this program. I will be using it for sure, the others may catch on to it later with expansion.   Which version will best suit our company?

the Pro version is "marketed" towards your type of company, however, I have quite a few small organizations using Premium, either due to security/permissions, or synchronization options, or web-access - all of which are more complete in Premium.

Honestly, if your users will be in ONE office, accessing ONE server ALL the time, and everyone can see ALL the data, the Pro will work fine...

Richard Brust