Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Email Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi All,

I recently installed ACT 2011 Premiere and cannot get my email to sync with Outlook. I get the following message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am using Act 2011 with Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 x32.

We had the same issue on 2010, and after hours talking to someone in India at Sage Tech Support, they could not help us either. So, we read the review for 2011 Act and it seemed all had been fixed.......but here we are again, many dollars later. Wanting to use a product, but can still not resolve the issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Copper Contributor

Re: Email Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I've just recently noticed the same problem.  In act 2011 Premium, when I click on the large Email button to send an email to the currently selected contact the window pops up with "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  Writing email through Outlook 2007 works and does attach the email to contacts that are in the ACT database.

Sage, what is the solution to this?

I also have the same problem. I cannot email with Act 2010.
I'm using Act 2010! and Outlook 2007 with Vista 64 bit machine.
I have tried it all. I have disabled all other add ins in the trust center in outlook, I have ran the "Repair" utility for Office & Outlook < I have uninstalled and reinstalled but Outlook, Act! and even did a windows install agagtin!

To no avail....Same problem Same message, Act! 2010 Will NOT email ot!! Sage has been useless in resolving the issue as I usually know more than the techs.
Does NAYONE have a solution to this?

I'm starting to look for another contact management program that isnt as "Buggy>
I dang sure am NOT going to buy 2011 as this issue has never been resolved since I bought 2010! ANY ONE With any help would be Greatly Appreciated!!!

Thanhk you.

Fred

Fred OBrien

Hello Everyone,

I have a client using ACT!2011 and Office 2010.

I initially saw this error and was able to set  a work-around by setting ACT2011 to run as admin, and making sure that I opened Outlook first. But now the problem has re-occurred, and that fix no longer works. No patches appear to have posted for either Outlook or Act, so I'm at a loss as to why this started happening.

Any other suggestions out there?

Tuned Listener

I have the same probelm.

I am running Act 2011 & Office 2010 - set to run 32 bit.

I can only get email merge's to work from ACT if I have Outlook closed. I have re-installed everything. Strangest thing is the email merge works fine on one of our computers and not the other.

Any help would be great!