Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email Attachment to Contacts with same Name

Avid Listener

Email Attachment to Contacts with same Name

In ACT version 12, premium 2010, I have 2 different contacts with the same name. When I try to attach an email from Outlook to a contact in ACT, both same names show in the list of contacts selection box. At this point, is there a way to distinguish between 2 same named contacts so I attach the email to the correct contact?  

Thank you , Judy

Avid Listener

Re: Email Attachment to Contacts with same Name

I still have no resolve on this issue and no ne has replied. Any help? Thanks! Judy
Platinum Super Contributor

When using the 'Attach to Act! contact' function, it will only present the Contact Name and Company.  Do you have information for these contacts in the Company field?

Of course if they have the same name and work for the same company, you will have the same issue.  At that point, something would have to be changed in one of the two fields to make them identifiable.

Greg Martin
Sage
Avid Listener

[ Edited ]
Hi, Thank you, for your help. Since I do not use the Company field, I  removed it from the layout! I could have added a marker to that field to distinguish between duplicate contacts, but now I suppose I will need another way around it, maybe in the contact's name.(not optimal,but do-able)e. Thanks for your help, the Attach to Act" function is something I rely on daily. Best~! Judy
Message Edited by ACTJudy on 06-02-2010 11:09 AM