Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Editing the History Summary Classic Report

Tuned Listener

Editing the History Summary Classic Report

I have added a few custom activity types to a database.  I would like to see those in the history summary classic report.  I have tried editing this report and received an error: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxx...).  Can anyone offer any help on how I can correct this error or how I can correctly edit this report to include the custom activity types?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Editing the History Summary Classic Report

At this point you've manager to corrupt the report template code and you will need to replace it with a new copy of the report template. You can copy it from the report folder in another database. The History Summary Classic report uses some very complex scripts to accomplish the count accumulations. Replacing the counted activity type with a different on isn't very difficult but it takes an understanding of the report scripts. Adding additional columns is much more difficult.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Thank you, Roy.  So I should be able to change the types that are there currently with the ones that I need most?  I have somewhat of an understanding of the report scripts so I should be able to make the change.  What would you suggest otherwise?

You were on the right track here. I was actually able to restore the report by adding back in a few invisible fields that I deleted not knowing they were critical to the report. Add the My:ContactID, My:CompanyID and possibly CompanyID for the Company record. That fixed it for me. I'm not a programmer but it seems that the report is looking for data from a field that is absent. Hope that helps!

Platinum Super Contributor

Roy is correct - there is some intricate background coding involved with this report, but you should be able to replace columns fairly easily.  For instructions, visit this community post: Adding 'Other' to the History Summary Classic Report

Greg Martin
Sage