Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Editing template files for quoting

Editing template files for quoting

I am aware that ACT advises against editing the .xlt document embedded in the .adt file, but one big problem with the .xlt file is that as far as I can tell,. There is no way of getting the sales tax & shipping and handling cells to work............and so I decided that I should at the very least delete just the text lables for "sales tax" and "shipping & handeling." I didn't want to make any major changes to the embedded .xlt file. 

I attempted to delete the above referenced labels in the .xlt file and my end result is that the files are now renaming themselves to include the date.  When I started working on this project I noticed that the "Quote.adt" file is also re-naming itself to include the date??? I figured there my be some properties causing this, so I deleted the custom properties in the .xlt file and things seemed fine for a few days. It is important to note that I sync my database with 13 other remote users & the file name change started again when myself and a coworker with a copy of my newly modified quote files started synching to our main database with the new files. This utimately prevents ACT from finding the file when you hit "Quote" because it is no longer named "Quote.xlt" or "Quote.adt."

Is there anyone that has successfully used & edited the quoting process out of ACT, without purchasing an add-on product? 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Editing template files for quoting

Thank you for participating in the ACT! Community. Based on the information provided, your issue appears to be associated with a previously reported issue. Sage will provide an update if the status changes, or if an alternative work-around to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.