Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Editing items in ACT

Editing items in ACT

I Need to edit the way the contact history is used. When an employee closes an activity they record what type of call it was and I need to add another item to the drop down list. The field is called 'Results' I also need to do this for when they add a history to their contact field. I tried to use the 'Define Fields' option, but I can't find a way to do this as it only allows me to edit the contact info, not the notes area. I'm hoping I don't need to import fields from an older version. Any help would be great! Thanks
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Editing items in ACT

You can't add an extra field to this area... but you have a Results area when closing a call, so not sure what you're trying to achieve

Essentialy, when our sales people close an Activity, they have a drop down list of items to choose fom; Call Completed, Call Left Message, Call Attempted, and Received. I wan to add a Field of "Email".
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]
Well, that list depends on the type of activity you have scheduled.

Emails should be recorded automatically when sent if you use Outlook, Outlook Express or ACT! Email

But, if not, you can record email history from the contact. Press Ctrl-H and change the Type to Other... then look under the Results list

Message Edited by GLComputing on 03-31-2008 06:59 AM

Thanks again Mike. If I had my way, our  emails would be synched with ACT, but I think the second option should work with what we need. Take care