Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Editing Layouts With Act For Web

Copper Contributor

Editing Layouts With Act For Web

I've been playing around with editing layouts in the web-based version of Act and have stumbled on a few issues, no matter which browser I'm using.  Whenever I select a field in my layout, the properties window is not updated with the field I've selected, it just shows the same properties and field no matter which field I change to.

In addition, I don't see any way to edit which database field a checkbox or field box tracks.  For example, I have an existing checkbox in one of my layouts that is tied to the "Messenger ID" field.  I would like to change this to be tied to the "User 1" field or some other field.  Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be working either.  

Lastly, sometimes the Delete key works to remove a text box or field and other times, it throws me into a different tab in the layout altogether without deleting the field or text box I was trying to delete from the layout.

I've tried this with the recommend IE settings as well as in Chrome and Edge.  All seem to have similar issues/problems.

Administrator

Re: Editing Layouts With Act For Web

Hi Jag,

I can't reproduce your issue with the properties pane in the layout designer using Chrome or IE 11. It works as expected for me.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I don't quite understand your second point. Do you mean to say you are unable to edit the label for a yes/no field?

I'll pass your comments over to the Product Management team.
Copper Contributor

Okay, so to better summarize as it's hard to always communicate this without showing it. When you select a field box that already exists in a layout, the properties window does not update to show whatever field or properties are associated with that field box. As a result (second point in my original post), there's no way to change the field you want to use for that field box in your layout.

I seem to be having this issue in all the browsers I'm using. I go to design/edit the layout, and the properties window on the right just does not seem to function properly or update properly at all. Are there any setting changes I need to make with each browser in order to ensure compatibility?
Administrator

I think I've identified the problem here.

Can you confirm that, in the web layout designer, you open the properties panel, select a field, and can see the field name at the very top under the Properties heading, but the Field Value dropdown under the Data heading is set to Access Level. Selecting another field updates the other dropdowns i.e. the field name, but the Field Value dropdown remains set to Access Level.
Copper Contributor

What you're describing is exactly right. However, the other problem I've noticed is that if you have any checkbox fields in the bottom tabs area and click on it, it changes from "Access Level" to blank. Once that happens, further clicks on any of the other fields no longer updates the properties window.
Administrator

Thanks, I've replicated this issue, I'll send it over to the Product Management team for testing.
I'll updated the thread when I have more info.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Also if this is V18 make sure you have Hotfix 5 update applied as this did resolve some web layout issues.

Administrator

Logged as Defect D-04151