Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Editing History Type: how to add icon to new activity history type ?

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Editing History Type: how to add icon to new activity history type ?

I just learned how to add a new activity type so that I can customize my pulldown menu of choices.

However, I don't know how to add the tiny icon to depict the activity.  Does Swiftpage provide icons or do we need to download our own?

If we need to get our own icons, I have two questions:

1.  There's lots of websites that are happy to provide .ico files.  I don't know which sites are safe and which sites are sending me malware.  Are there websites that provide .ico files that are reputable?

2.  Once I obtain or create an .ico file to use, which folder should I save these files in?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author juliansdad
‎04-21-2016 10:17 PM
Administrator

Re: Editing History Type: how to add icon to new activity history type ?

[ Edited ]

Hi juliansdad,

We do not provide any extra .ico files for this purpose. You are given the option to add any of your own icon .ico files during the creation of the new Activity Type:

Act!_2016-04-21_11-58-01.png

1. I would recommend finding any image you would like to use, and then converting it to a .ico file using a reputable online image converter like: http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-ico Remember to resize to 16x16 pixels in the optional settings during conversion.
  2. You may save the .ico file anywhere you like. You just simply need to select the file in the location you have chosen by clicking the Browse button, when creating or editing the custom activity type.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author juliansdad
‎04-21-2016 10:17 PM
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi juliansdad,

We do not provide any extra .ico files for this purpose. You are given the option to add any of your own icon .ico files during the creation of the new Activity Type:

Act!_2016-04-21_11-58-01.png

1. I would recommend finding any image you would like to use, and then converting it to a .ico file using a reputable online image converter like: http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-ico Remember to resize to 16x16 pixels in the optional settings during conversion.
  2. You may save the .ico file anywhere you like. You just simply need to select the file in the location you have chosen by clicking the Browse button, when creating or editing the custom activity type.

Astute Commentator

Thank you so much, Gary.  Your solution worked perfectly!

I appreciate it.

Robert