Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Editing History Records

Avid Listener

Editing History Records

Hi all,

I am wondering if it is possible to keep New Opportunities from showing up in the history. Our company uses ACT! primarily as a contact database for our Sales Reps. When I create new Opportunities for Sales Reps, it shows up in the history and that makes our reports cluttered.

I've looked around in "Defining Fields" and I don't see that option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

AB
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Editing History Records

Which version of Act! are you running?  And how are you assigning the Opportunity to the Sales Rep (by Record Manager or attaching as a contact)?
Greg Martin
Sage
Avid Listener

I'm using ACT 2009. And I'm assiging the Opportunities via the "Record Manager". Maybe I should explain what I'm trying to do...

I'm using a history report to record how often our Sales Reps are in contact with customers. I don't want the New Opportunities to show up on this report, but I'm not well versed in editing reports, so I would like to eliminate that from the History tab completely.

AB
Platinum Super Contributor

Unfortunately in the 2009 version, the Opportunities are tied to a contact record and create the History item.  There are no options to stop that behavior. 

Just FYI: In Act! 2010 Opportunities became their own entities and do not record a History item to the contact(s) when created.

Greg Martin
Sage