Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Edit phone format for Italy issue

Edit phone format for Italy issue

Strange one this.

Several users are entering their customer details into ACT, and since we are a global company the telephone numbers need in most cases to start with +xx.  

What they do is in the edit phone number, they edit formats, and add a new format in for the country in question.

EG Norway is +47(%)

Then when they add the company number in it auto formats it as +47 (0) telephne number here.

This works for all but Italy.

New Italy customers, and when ou add in the custom format for the telephone, and ok it, it is never saved, so never available? 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Edit phone format for Italy issue

Hi, our Dial-it is handling the countrycodes as it should be,

so you can store the number like [49] 08282800400  or [44] 0203-026402 or [1]2035410040 and dial-it will then call the number in the right way so that it will work in any country. Dialing works then with any Tapi compliant phone and also with the solution Handhandcontact for mobile phones. If you still have any questions, feel free to contact me on any number listed above

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

[ Edited ]

Hi and thanks for the information, but perhaps I am looking for this in a different way.

We wont ever use ACT as a dial feature, so there is no requirement to dial a number from within ACT, so all we actually need is for it to display the number in the format as follows (UK example)

+44(0)1622 679875

So with the above example nbumber, all I type in is 01622 679875 and the field auto completes it as +44(0) (all I need to do is select the +ID from the form for it to complete it.

This works exactly as we want it to work for every country but Italy, no idea why but for Italy we are unable to add the new +39(%) to the form

Copper Elite Contributor

if you press the button next to the phone number, you can define the country. the country code is then displayed for any contact that is outside of your country with the square brackets [ ]  storing the numer with a +39 or +33 or is not as act would expect it, and any integration would then cause issues.   so when we train customers, we normaly recomend to add the country first, i.e. italy, then add the number as it should be [39] 0241-15455 

that should hopefully solve your issue

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

I am sorry, this makes no sense to me at all.

The users that are inputting the customer details do the following.

• In the new company entry page
  • Click the 3 dots next to phone
  • Enter phone number box appears
  • Click the buttone "Edit Formats"
  • Edit Phone Formats box appears
  • Click add
  • In the format field input +44(%)
  • Set this as default
  • Click ok
  • Edit phone formats closes
  • Now select your new entry from the format drop down
  • Enter the hone number without the int dialing code
  • The number is automatically formatted as follows
  • Enter 01622679875 and the field auto changes to +44(0)1622679875

It does this on every country except Italy, and it does it without causing any issues within ACT itself, so I do not believe this actually incorrect.

The issue we have is that when I select Italy as the country and try to add, everything appears to work without any problem, but when I ok the edit phone formats, the window closes and the new created format is not in the drop down lint, where as other countries the issue is not there.

Whats more, if I do the exact same procedure for any other country I am able to add as many formats as I want,

Copper Contributor

Hi have you checked under tools-> preferences and the general tab have you got 'always display country code in phone field' box selected?