Do you mean 

Edit calendar view template

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Edit calendar view template

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am trying to edit a Day Calendar template.  Plain A4 Full Page (P) (2 Col) specifically.  I don't seem to be able to edit this template.

2017-03-17_07h48_04.png

The issue with the template is it goes over 2 pages.  See attached example.  Only want to show the work day (0800 to 1700) and in the options you can set the start hour but no option for the end hour.

Does anyone know a way to edit this template so it will only show up on 1 page?  Using Act! Premium Version 18.2.53.0, Update 4.

Thanks

Damon

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Damon_T
‎03-19-2017 04:56 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Edit calendar view template

There isn't any editor for the calendar templates. The templates are written in XML code so editing the program code is possible. The hardest part would be understanding the code to figure out where changes could be made.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Damon_T
‎03-19-2017 04:56 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

There isn't any editor for the calendar templates. The templates are written in XML code so editing the program code is possible. The hardest part would be understanding the code to figure out where changes could be made.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Ok thanks Roy

I kinda suspected it would not be straight forward to edit.  Even when you print the report you don't seem to be able to specify printing the first page only.  I guess the only way around not printing that second page would be to print to pdf and then print that.

Thanks

Damon

2017-03-17_08h39_24.png

Copper Contributor

Thought I would post an update.

We had a look and found the file that controls DayCalendar.Plain A4 Full Page (P) (2 Col)

C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Print Templates\DayCalendar.Plain A4 Full Page (P) (2 Col).xsl

I would recommend using Notepad++ to look at this file.  Notepad is pretty messy looking.

2017-03-20_09h54_06.png

Change 12 to 10

<xsl:value-of select="$StartHour24 + 10"/>

Tested now only shows up on one page.  from 0800 to 1700

Thanks

Damon