Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Edit Quote Template to include Opportunity Name

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Edit Quote Template to include Opportunity Name

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for helping me out. I've done a search for this and came up empty. 

I've edited the quote template but am having trouble being able to include the Opportunity Name in the template. I don't want to do a quote number... I just want the Quote to reference the opportunity name.

I'm running Win7, Act! Premium Version 20.1.120.0, Update 8, Word 2013 (15.0.5137.1000)

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

Re: Edit Quote Template to include Opportunity Name

Wouldn't it be awesome if an ACT employee monitored these boards and answered questions like this?

Copper Contributor

Crickets!

Silver Contributor

The Quote template in ACT is in 2 parts, a Word template with an imbedded Excel template. The word part only connects to the Contact and the Excel part to the Opportunity. The Excel part can be edited using Excel but unless very skilled (or lucky) it will break the integrity of the combined template.

A much, much better option is to use an add-on which allows a number of templates to be used and is far more flexible in customising.

You can download and try before you buy and is worth every penny (or dollar). No affiliation with the maker of the add-on.

https://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=153

Copper Contributor

Thanks Ch1p,

Those add-ons look like a good idea. It really surprises me that ACT doesn't think to make it a possibility to put the Opportunity Name on a quote, created from an Opportunity. Seems like a no-brainer to me. 

Again, thanks for responding. 

Eric