Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Edit Mode (list view) not changing in detail view

Copper Contributor

Edit Mode (list view) not changing in detail view

Hi everyone,

when I make a change in edit mode in list view, and go into the detail view for that company, I see that my change is not entered there as well?

Thanks,

T

Re: Edit Mode (list view) not changing in detail view

Hi Tina,

After finishing in edit mode do click the "floppy disk" Save Icon? As this is the only way I can get my changes to save. 

I would believe that after you make changes and leave the field it would save the changes but does not appear to do so.

having been able to replicate the issue on Prem V19.2 update 3. would you be able to provide the version of Act you are using?

I will raise this issue as a defect to be investigated further.

Nickel Super Contributor

Hello,

Is this problem presented in the windows OR web?

Which Act! version..??  (Windows - Help menu - About Act!...)  (Web - On the Log-ON Screen)  Images below

Just in case ... It is important that each person has own user and password, it is not practical that two or more people work in the same database with the same user and password.

I suggest daily backup your database on the server -    Put a copy of this ZIP File on a memory or external disk for more security - and have a note in secure place  of user and password of the database administrator.

Best regards,

1.png

2.png

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Horn,

thanks for your help. I'm sorry I forgot to post my specs:

• Act! Premium Version 18.1
  • Microsoft Office Version: 1705
  • Shared Database
  • Windows 7

T

It appears this had been logged in a previous build and is an open defect, for your reference here is the defect number: D-05709

The work around would be to ensure the save button has been clicked changing view.