Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Edit Contact Access is grayed out

Edit Contact Access is grayed out

[ Edited ]

I am an admin for my ACT database and for some reason the Edit Contact Access is grayed out for my actual users and I can not change any to be private.  I want to make them private so others can not view their history, as your email security in History has some limitations and makes it totally open for all to see. 

Is there a reason I can not make them private? What can I do?

Message Edited by stpman on 07-30-2009 07:09 PM
Message Edited by stpman on 07-30-2009 07:09 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Edit Contact Access is grayed out

You cannot change user's My Records to Limited or Private. They must always be Public

If you're interested, we developed a plugin that makes extended data (Notes, Histories inc emails, Sales Ops, etc) set as Private if only connected to user records. even if the user opens the item and makes it public, it will change it back to Private as soon as it is saved.

It will not change items associated to both User and other contact records. 

I know of a couple of other similar solutions, but ours is the only one I know that also handles emails sent via Outlook as they are sent via a seperate framework (they can be attached when ACT! is closed).

We have tested it with ACT! 10.02, 10.03, 11.0 and 11.1 for Windows (haven't developed it for Web as have only had one request for this so far)

If this is of interest to you, drop me a message via http://www.glcomputing.com.au/contact.php - let me know which version of ACT! and how many users.