Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ERROR Message

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ERROR Message

Hope someone might be able to help me.  Am currently using ACT Premium for WorkGroups 2006 version 8.0.2.82. Recently moved my computer and this is the first time I have ever experienced a problem. Error Message: "The database could not be accessed.  In order to aces this database check your network connection and verify that your database server is activiated.  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or on the server" 

I am a single user and am not connected to a server with my computer. Everything has been working for quite some time and now have encountered this.  Running XP.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel S
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ERROR Message

Please explain what you mean by you "moved" your computer, as this is likely the key to your problem. 

In the mean time, check in the system services that (Start|Run -> Services.mmc) that you have a service called Protexis running as well as a service called ACT7 (or close) and that the startup types are marked as "automatic".

thanks.

Matthew McFadden

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniel S
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ERROR Message

Please explain what you mean by you "moved" your computer, as this is likely the key to your problem. 

In the mean time, check in the system services that (Start|Run -> Services.mmc) that you have a service called Protexis running as well as a service called ACT7 (or close) and that the startup types are marked as "automatic".

thanks.

Matthew McFadden