Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

EMail from Template using MS Word prompts you to "Save" file

Nickel Contributor

EMail from Template using MS Word prompts you to "Save" file

Working with a customer on one Windows 8 workstation and ACT v16 (HF4), and they're having trouble emailing from templates. If I make the default Word Processor MS Word, everytime they use the emailed from template feature it creates a pop-under (very irritating) that prompts them to "Save" the file under a file name.

- All plugins are configuired and active

- occured with Office 2010 and 2013

- both ACT and MS Office have been uninstalled and reinstalled in the proper order.

If I change the default word processor to the ACT wordprocessor, it works perfectly.

Problem has been reproduced on demo file, and does not occur on any other workstation.

Anyone else experience this type of problem?

Kq

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

Re: EMail from Template using MS Word prompts you to "Save" file

Is this Pro or Premium? Does it do the same thing if you try to write a letter from template instead of an email?

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Nickel Contributor

Re: EMail from Template using MS Word prompts you to "Save" file

It was with ACT v16 Premium, and I believe the problem occured with writing from a template to email or Word.

I only tested the problem rigorsly with the template to email feature.

Unfortunately I cannot do any further troubleshooting on this computer because we did a wipe and reload, and the problem is resolved (or at least bypassed). Obviously this option is not always available, so I was hoping some one else experienced the problem, or if it was a known issue.

Thanks for following up.

Kq\

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca