Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mails Stuck In OutBox (V-10 W/Outlook 03')

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: E-mails Stuck In OutBox (V-10 W/Outlook 03')

I've not seen a case where those KB articles didn't fix it... can you retry them again carefully?

Mike-GL Computing,

Thanks for responding; as I am new I thought I'd receive an e-mail advising of your replay to my thread.  I have Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1.  My "problem" seams to be with Act's integration with Outlook 03'.  On searching KB's for those error messages I had been receiving, Answer ID 21758 came back closest, as well I now start Act first then Outlook.  Since my post and with my IT guy tweaking a couple Outlook settings, I am not receiving as many error messages, BUT some e-mails sent from Act...to an Act contact will get stuck in the Outbox, which I have then been "moving the message" to Drafts, then re-opening and re-sending.  Those messages do get sent out.  I will read those KB articles referenced; 16480, 14160 or 17438, and advise further.

Thanks.  Marc

Copper Contributor

Marc_Filosa wrote:
Thanks for responding; as I am new I thought I'd receive an e-mail advising of your replay to my thread. 

Hello, Marc,

If you'd like an email when you receive a reply on a thread, look towards the top of the page for Thread Options. Click there and then click on Add This Thread to My Subscriptions. In your profile under Subscriptions and Bookmarks, you can set preferences for how you receive the emails (subject only or subject plus body, etc).

Marc,

You can download the current patch (10.0.1) from http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm

Mike,

I'll have my administrator install the current patch on “my” PC and the server ASAP.  It seams that my 3 other Act team members do not seam to have this "E-mails Stuck In OutBox" problem.  As time allows, I am digesting the KB articles mentioned (16480,14160,17438) which you feel when applied should solve my problem.

These articles (Rf: Act 06') typically call for; (1) a Registry tweak, either deleting or re-naming the value "StrictAccountOrder."  In my registry, I do not find the "MailSettings" folder!  {if I could post a screen shot, it would be here} (2) Clear "Use Cached Exchange Mode" in my e-mail Exchange Server Settings (mine is checked...for the moment), and (3) NOT using MS Word to edit e-mails (I was using).

I will advise further after the Patch is installed.

Marc

You should apply the patch to all systems sharing the same database...

Let us know when you've tried the other items.

I am new to ACT, I have version 6.0 and outlook 07, I can figure everything out except when I email out of Act the email gets stuck in my Outlook outbox and everytime outlook sends and recieves the email goes again.  I can manually remove it however I got to believe their is a fix for this.  anyone?

ACT! 6.0 and Office 2007 are not compatible.  You will need to upgrade to 2008/2009.

Thank you for the info, I need a little clarification, I need to upgrade office or act?
Highlighted