Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-mail client (build in) problems

Tuned Listener

E-mail client (build in) problems

We use ACT 2008 v10.0.1.199 with the build in email client. But when we receive mails in Chinese or in Russian the e-mail client refusse to download our mails from the pop3 server. Sometimes also mails with an attachment refuses to come in. When we use outlook than everything is ok. But we don't want to start using outlook. Also Chinese and Russian characters are misformed in ACT. Is there someone with the same problem?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: E-mail client (build in) problems

I'm not sure about this...Not sure if it would display properly without a double-byte operating system, even if it can?

Do they display ok in Outlook? If so, you might just switch to using Outlook.

There's a good ACC in Hong Kong that is pretty good with these issues - www.ershk.com.hk

Tuned Listener

Thanks Mike. But we have a chinese and a russian guy working with us and when they type letters in word, Outlook or any other program everything is ok. We tried installing the extra language files, we tried working with utf8 but in the email client it won't work. With Outlook we have the problem that the menu for attaching the emails to a contact in act is not shown on every PC. We have pc's with XP and Vista. And if we switch to outlook we still can't read our old chinese or russian mails?
Platinum Elite Contributor

The guess about dbl-byte was because it might be an issue storing it in the SQL data store... but it was just a guess.

I don't use the ACT! Email client (the Oulook link is much better)... but try Michael Ranck in Hong Kong at the URL I posted and see if he has. Being in HK, he'd have a better idea about different char types if he has tried in the ACT! Email client.