Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

E-Marketing - Send Email To Group Blank Window

Copper Contributor

E-Marketing - Send Email To Group Blank Window

Normally, when sending an email campaign using Act E-Marketing, a dialogue window comes up showing the particulars such as who I'm sending it to, the subject of the email, sender profile etc.  This window still comes up properly.  However, when I select that I want to send to an existing GROUP, another window typically comes up with a list of all my groups but I'm getting nothing but a blank web browser window now.  This occurs in all browsers (Chrome, IE, Firefox etc).  

As a work around, I've been forced to create a lookup from the group and then select the option to send the email campaign to the current lookup.  Any idea why the group listing web browser window is now coming up blank?!?!?

Web based version of Act is still fraught with issues and certainly isn't ready for prime time.

Administrator

Re: E-Marketing - Send Email To Group Blank Window

Hi Jag,

We've managed to replicate the issue on one of the four machines we tested this on. This suggests there is an environmental factor that is causing this issue. We'll continue to investigate the issue on the machine that exhibits the issue.

I'll post an update when I have more info.
Copper Contributor

Thanks. It's happening for all 4 of our users so not sure why it's happening on some and not other machines on your end. Interestingly, this only started happening a week ago. Prior to that, we had no issues at all. I can't recall of any changes on our end other than the usual windows updates.

On your test machines, were you using the same database??
Administrator

The issue could also be database specific. The machines we tested on used different test databases.
Administrator

After further investigation, there appears to be a missing file in the installation directory that is essential for this functionality.

I have attached the missing file below, and if placed into the following directory, the problem should be resolved:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Web\APFW\EntityPicker

This file is correct for Act Premium Web v18.1 Update 3. We're currently investigating why this file is not always installed in every scenario.

Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,

My server is hosted with another provider.  Is this file to be installed on the client machine? If so, I do not have the AFPW directory.  I have the following path available:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Web\ClientSrvs\Office\Outlook

Should I be instructing my provider to install this file?

Thanks

Administrator

Yes, this is a file that needs to be added to the server's APFW directory.