Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dynamic Groups

Copper Contributor

Dynamic Groups

I tried to look this up on the forum before posting but couldn't find a cohesive answer. Can anyone help? 1. I want to create groups based on each state. I know how to do a look up and save it as a group BUT what happens when a new company is added, it won't be added to the group unless I do it manually. Is there a way to create a dynamic group that will automatically add a new company with the a specific state to my state group? Thank you, Steve
Copper Contributor

Re: Dynamic Groups

Absolutely. Go to your groups, Add New and once you name it, click the "Add/Remove Contacts..." button just above where the contacts will show at the bottom of the screen. Click the "Edit Criteria" button and create your query for the contacts you want to include in this group.

As an example, we use groups such as "Pacific" and make the query look like this:

Contact State Equal To (=) CA Or

Contact State Equal To (=) OR Or

Contact State Equal To (=) NV Or

Contact State Equal To (=) WA Or

Contact State Equal To (=) AZ 

Good luck!

Copper Contributor

Thanks!!! It worked!! Would happen to know if there is a way to make a list for companies that purchased a specific product based on that term being in the NOTES section? For example Group Name: Floppy Disks Shows all users who bought floppy disks Smiley Happy
Nickel Super Contributor

Nope, unfortunately not, but you could do that if you used opportunities to track your product sales.  Dynamic groups can list contacts that meet contact or opportunity criteria.

Cheers,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training