Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dynamic Drop-down Lists for Companies/Contacts - Act Premium V.19

Dynamic Drop-down Lists for Companies/Contacts - Act Premium V.19

Does ACT have the ability to create a drop-down list that includes all the Companies stored in the database?

If so, can this drop-down list be visible on an individual’s contact record as a separate/new field?

I am in essence looking to show a company name on an individuals contact record of who he/she temporarily works for without the contact being specifically linked and associated to that company (like a permanent worker).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Dynamic Drop-down Lists for Companies/Contacts - Act Premium V.19

The only way of doing this (As far as I know.) is to export the company list to Excel and then import to the dropdown list.

Not sure who long it is going to take a User to find the correct company if it is a long list.

Also consider the Relationship Linking Option or linking under the Groups/Companies tab

Link here with more details about drop down list importing -

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15338

Thanks for the prompt response on this and further information.

If I opt to export the companies list to make my own drop-down list as a contact field - is there a way for another contact field to pre-populated with data dependent on the selected option from this drop-down list?

For instance, the user selected "Company A" from the drop-down list which then prepopulated a field called "payment terms" with the data of 30 days.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Assuming I understand the question the answer is No.  It cannot draw down information from the matching company record into another field.