12-08-2016 03:30 PM
I downloaded the free Durkin Impact Reports and am trying to run the report "History Date Range History Type count". The numbers are way off. In some cases they are low in others high by 10s of thousands. Is there an error in the construct of the report or is it operator error?
12-08-2016 04:17 PM
Most likely it's a problem in how you set the runtime filters.
12-08-2016 04:19 PM
Most likely it's how you set the runtime filters.
12-08-2016 09:17 PM
It's likely the problem is with the way you set the runtime filters.
12-09-2016 08:28 AM
If you're using one of the pre defined reports, which on is it?
12-09-2016 09:02 AM
History Date Range Types Count
I run it on a date range with no filters and get all history types but with crazy numbers.
If I filter on a particular history type, I get the same number as shown in the unfiltered report.
If I run "Histories by Contact and Date" filtered to a particular history type, I get an accurate list.
12-09-2016 10:54 AM
The History Date Range Types Count is a very simple report. How are you verifying the type count? In the unmodified report the date range filter uses the Start date. In most cases that will be the same as the create date. I'm not sure if this is the issue but database filtering is ignored by the Durkin Impact reports and only the report runtime filtering is used.
12-09-2016 12:06 PM
I am testing with a very short date range and know the actual count of the events. Also if I run "Histories by Contact and Date" for a specific history type, I get a list that is consistent with what I know to be the correct number.
"In most cases that will be the same as the create date." I'm not sure what you mean here. When I run the report it comes up with a date range.
- the defaults is 1/1/2005 to 12/31/2012 (even though the report template shows different). I change that range to my target period - 12/1/2016 to 12/8/2016 and click print preview. The result:
Video Newsletter should be about 460 Contacts deleted maybe a dozen. Meetings held - less than ten to be done's maybe 20.
And the numbers in the report do change if I change the date range - but are still incorrect. This is the result using a range of 11-1-2016 to 12-8-2016
12-09-2016 01:37 PM
I've found that the date range filter in Durkin isn't inclusive. Try it with >= to AND <- to.