Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Durkin Computing

Copper Contributor

Durkin Computing

Does any of the ACC's or developers that post on this forum know anything about Durkin Computing and if they are winding down?

Several years ago, they wrote a custom addon for us and since the beginning of May I have emailed them about making some modifications. Never heard from them. I emailed again on 5/21. Both times including the addon they built. On 6/12 Jim Durkin responded saying they "probably" didn't have the source code and couldn't find the project. I again responded that day including the addon again and haven't heard back.

The 6/12 email also basically was a sales pitch to buy their Impact Suite which, as he said, "might" provide the functionality I'm looking for. NOT AN OPTION as the addon they already built was very detailed and provided much additional customization to the way we use Act.

Yesterday 7/1, emailed again, with no response as of this post. So I'm wondering, what is going on with Durkin Computing?

We chose them after the previous ACC passed away (Geoff Blood, for those who have been around a long time) who supposedly sold his code to a company in Colorado. They couldn't find it so I had to have the addon rebuilt. I chose Durkin based on reviews and their product offerings at the time.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Durkin Computing

This Act! Developer has taken over the Geoff Blood Product Line. 

Stan Smith

ADS Programming

www.adsprogramming.com

email: ssmith@adsprogramming.com
Phone: (205) 803-2196

Hope that helps.

-Bud

Bud Rice

Executive Business Systems

Pleasanton, CA 94588

E: bud.rice@ebsco.net

Copper Contributor

Thanks Stan. Yes I know who took it over. There were 100% useless. They are who I referred to in the last paragraph in my initial post. I didn't want to name them, but since you did...

Bronze Super Contributor

Sorry for the delay in replying to your emails. (What email address did you send them from? )  We have been very active with the release of Impact Suite 9.1.0.10 which fixes the issue with ACT 21.1 no longer supporting VB scripting. I would love to continue are conversation regarding your custom addon requirements.

Like I suggested on our previous phone call, some of the functions are now included in the Impact Suite product. It may more more cost effective to use Impact Suite rather then 'updating' a very old custom add on.

You can reach use time at +1 973 625 1119  ext 1 sales  or ext 2 for support

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

Copper Contributor

Jim,

Are you able to reply to my email I sent you on 7/1/2019 which was a direct reply to your email? Benefit of the doubt: Perhaps since you are using a general email address when contacting me, you are not getting my emails and replies.

It is interesting that you continue to push us toward Impact Suite without even knowing exactly what the previous add-on you created did. If you read the 7/1/2019 email, the add-on was attached. Have you looked at that? Have you examined the functions of the dll I sent that you created?

So you keep suggesting that we spend +/- $3750 for Impact Suite (30 users) which MAY have the features of the "old" add-on without you even re-evaluating what functions the add-on performed?

I clearly don't understand .