Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Duplicating an opportunity does NOT attach the contact

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Duplicating an opportunity does NOT attach the contact

Please can I confirm whether Act functionality to duplicate an opportunity should ALSO include the contact it is attached to? I have tried both native act and the latest durkin functionality and despite certain settings being checked, and trying the duplicate primary/all fields options it won't copy across the contact Is there a solution or workaround to this please? Many thanks Andy Kent
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Re: Duplicating an opportunity does NOT attach the contact

I believe that is AS DESIGNED and I use it regularly that way.

I may have an opportunity created that is going to multiple customers but only needs the Opportunity name changed and the Contact added so I can create a unique Quote for each customer. I also have customers who do that regularly for their business.

Bob Kennedy
ACC
Kenbar Solutions CT,CA & FL
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

For sure I imagine lots of different people use it in different ways and its behaving as you want it to. For us we work on a repeat revenue model meaning customers sign up each year and we renew them - if a user forgets to attach a contact to a duplicated opportunity we lose visibility of it and end up with orphaned records I can't remember if we have ever been able to do this or whether this has changed in recent years (we have been using Act for over 20 years) Is there a workaround? Does anyone else require this functionality or are we the only ones? Thanks Andy
Andy Kent
Angel Solutions
www.angelsolutions.co.uk
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

I believe that changed at version 12 (ACT! 2010). Prior to that version opportunities were subordinate to a parent table and a stand alone opportunity couldn't be created. At version 12 opportunities were elivated to being a primary table and the opportunity duplicating process was changed.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer