Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Duplicate information in activity report

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Duplicate information in activity report

My report saga continues!

I have created a custom activity report off of the basic Act template to show a list of uncleared activities. When I test run the report, everything looks great--I am filtering it to show just the outstanding items for one user. HOWEVER, there's a lot of duplicated information! The report will show on page 2 that there are 5 items still outstanding for contact James Bulter. Then on page 3, the report will show the same 5 items outstanding for James Butler.

I believe this is due to the fact that when there are multiple outstanding items for a single contact (James Butler has 5 outstanding activities for this user, so all his information appears 5 times on the report; Tim Smith has 2 outstanding activities for this user so all Tim's info is duplicated twice on the report). Does anyone know a way around this so information for a contact only appears once in the report?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cyane
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Duplicate information in activity report

The problem is in your report design. That happens when you mix activity fields in the contact part of the report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cyane
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The problem is in your report design. That happens when you mix activity fields in the contact part of the report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

So in essence every field within a section (or within a subreport) needs to pull from the same place for full functioning? Whether it be contacts, or contact activity, or contact note, etc?

Generally that is true. In a limited way that general rule can be violated. The results can seem random but if you understand in depth how the report generator compiles the output report the results anen't random. The operation of the report generator is very linear but to compile the outpur report it runs multiple linear threads in sequence. When you mix fields in a section or a subreport, if a piece of data is found in multiple threads, you will get duplication in the final report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

This has been incredibly helpful, and I am now able to pull this report as planned with a few tweaks. Thank you!