Copper Contributor

Duplicate Entries Outlook

Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

Windows 7

VMware Fusion

Intel Mac

Outlook 2007

iPhone 4

My Outlook calendar is getting duplicate entires when it syncs with ACT! I also sync ACT! to my laptop and both of those calendars are doing fine, just Outlook. I have been syncing ACT! also with the iPhone using CompanionLink, although I am having issues with that now so using Mobile Me (doubling my work as I have to enter again into iCal).

I am getting frustrated and afraid that if I sync with the iPhone now, I'll have a useless calendar with many alarms.

Settings:

Keep the ACT! activity

Leave the activity on the Outlook Calendar

Calendar sync: Enabled

Automatic Sync: Yes

Pamela Rosen

Pamela Rosen
Bronze Contributor

Re: Duplicate Entries Outlook

Pamela,

If you are using the ACT! contact synch which is installed by default and companionlink to synchronise to Outlook then this would expain why you contacts are being suplicated. I would remove the Outlook synch put in the startup by default

Then I would remove all of the contacts from Outlook and synchronise again using Companionlink and you shoudl find your contacts are not duplicated

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

My contacts are not duplicating, just the activities. I have it checked to sync one way, ACT! to Outlook only. But I have had Columbus day show up every day as a new alarm on both! I have not used CompanionLink since upgrading to Premium 2011. It is getting frustrating.

Pamela Rosen
Platinum Elite Contributor

I have managed to demonstrate duplication in every sync except Handheld Contact

Did you ever get resolution? I have the same problem.

Mike

Copper Contributor

No, I still have trouble with my Outlook calendar. I do not sync my iPhone to it anymore since this became such a problem. My ACT! calendar is okay with an odd holiday showing up here and there on it. I now use iCal and have to enter things twice at this stage. Don't have time to work it out.

Pamela Rosen

Without major changes, it's next to impossible to fix when going to Outlook then anything else. That's one reason I only use Handheld Contact to sync with mobile phones.
Copper Contributor

I still have Handheld Contact. Would I have trouble reverting to that instead?

Pamela Rosen
Copper Contributor

Ops! I meant I still have CompanionLink!

Will look into Handheld Contact.

Pamela Rosen

The FAQ page on Companion Link actually states that dupes can occur if you link with something that then links to something else.

Also see: http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/05/getting-act-on-your-phone.html