Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Duplicate Contacts During User Entry

Tuned Listener

Duplicate Contacts During User Entry

After the latest hotfix for ACT 2011 was installed (Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 6) we seem to have lost the ability to check for duplicate records when a user enters a new record. Tools->Preferences Admin Tab, Duplicate checking has two fields checked for duplicates and the checkmark for "Enable duplicate checking in the database)" is checked. I'm an admin so I have the ability to change it. When a standard user is signed on at another computer, it is checked the same way but they can't change it.

Before the hotfix was installed, if they would enter a record with both of the "Match Contact records on:" fields the same as another record in the database, ACT would stop them and say it was a duplicate. Now ACT is letting users enter as many duplicates as they want without any warning.

Is there something else I should check to prevent duplicates? ACT is installed locallay on the PCs, but the database is on a network.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Duplicate Contacts During User Entry

In your database, test duplicate checking by selecting a single field (Contact) to check and enter 2 or more new contacts with the name 'Test Name' > does it catch the duplicates?

Test the duplicate checking behavior in the Demo database - does it work as expected?
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Re: Duplicate Contacts During User Entry

The testing of just one single field returns the same result, I can enter duplicates.

I then checked the demo database. I set up duplicate checking to Contact, then Company. It let me enter an exact duplicate of one of the original contacts in the demo database.

Any other suggestions?