Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Duplicate Contact

Copper Elite Contributor

Duplicate Contact

Duplicate Contact appears to be broken in 12.1.181.0.  Ia this a known issue?  the box to choose to duplicate all fields or just primary fields appears and I choose primary and nothing happens. 

Jim Fry, ACC

Bronze Contributor

Re: Duplicate Contact

Works for me.  Have seen this happen when a drop down field is hosed or when a Yes/No field has nulls - i.e. not no or yes but something none of the above. Been that way forever.
Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Copper Elite Contributor

When you say drop down is hosed, I'm assuming that you mean that there is something wrong with one of the primary field DD list.  What do you mean by hosed?
Bronze Contributor

Hosed as in bad characters or blanks.  Some conversions will generate a blank line at the top of the dropdown.  Ok, no problem.  But say it's a field that says the field can't be blank - uh, duh.  ACT goes wonky particularly when you are trying to duplicate a contact.  It sees that field - hm, can't be blank - hm dropdown has a blank - hm hm hm hm.  Hosed.
Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Copper Elite Contributor

I believe this is a known issue. Change all your User Names so they match the Contact Name in the My Record and that should fix it.

I have no idea how there is a relationship between these 2 things but it fixed in in 2 of my customers

Bob Kennedy
ACC
Kenbar Solutions CT,CA & FL
Copper Elite Contributor

Don't think that is it.  All User Names and Contact Names are identical.  I'll check my DD lists for blanks.