Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dual Screen issues

Dual Screen issues

I am running a second monitor on my laptop. When using Act on the second monitor it works fine.. however when you are working away from the office and only have the laptop monitor the Act application still opens on the second "fantom" monitor.

I am able to duplicate the issue on my desktop running XP and the laptop running vista business.

support is unable to provide assistance.. ticket number 11012860

Re: Dual Screen issues

Hello,

When you removing the second monitor, try switching your display settings to one monitor first before unplugging.

Nickel Contributor

I too use a multi-monitor set-up. The best thing I found is a program called Ultramon from realtime software.  I just click on disable secondary before taking the laptop away and it works great.

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA
Platinum Elite Contributor

Many dual monitor graphic cards support Profiles... so it can store multiple sets of Windows positions. You might check the software with your card.

Nothing ACT! can do about it.

Copper Contributor

Yes, Ultramon is very good software. Aswell as disabling a second monitor it allows you to swap which screen an application is displayed on by a right click on the task bar.

Also you can try the Fn key to cycle through possible display profiles on your laptop. It's usually Fn + F5 but this varies depending upon your vendor.

Copper Contributor

I find that when using ACT in dual monitors it often will throw up search boxes or other pop ups on the second monitor.  Or if I am doing a mail merge the pop up will be on the second monitor.  It seems to have no consistency.  Not a major problem it's just annoying sometimes having to chase the pop ups around the screen.

Copper Elite Contributor

This issue is really a problem with Act, not with the user!

How does it comes when you close down Outlook on the second screen, and you restart with one screen, that this one works as it should?

When you are using Act resized in you right uppercorner of your screen, and you stop act. Then restart, it is show back in that corner on the same place: this means that somewhere in registry or a XML file is saved that the last usage was on that place. It is not so difficult to see for a program if the total available screens is 1 or more, so that the last place is no more available to the user for the available width, so in that case Act has to shift to the left or the right screen (my screen 2 is on the left of my laptop, so i get a - 1 value for this case) . Maybe version 15 can do this, it is only 30 minutes programming and testing.

Daniel Dendooven
Retired Act! Certified Consultant

Actually, my Outlook pops up dialogues on the 2nd or 3rd screens (I have 4) ... even when they're not connected. Sometimes a dialogue will appear on one screen and next time i do the function, it's on another screen.

One thing that bugs me ... is when ACT! isn't on the right-most monitor and you click Options on a Tab, the menu opens up on the next monitor.

Mike

I have reason to think that many of the multimonitor issues are related to the video driver. On my dual monitor setup the driver seems to be convinced that the monitor connected with the digital cable is monitor 1 and the one using the VGA connectoin is monitor 2. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129