Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dtabase within the Database

Dtabase within the Database

Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 2

Shared Database

I am a newby here, this being my first post.

Also did not find topics on this question.

Would like to ctreate a Database (secondary) within the main ACT Database to move inactive contacts to, however not delete them, just in case that they do become active again.

Is there a way to do that, and can contact be easily moved from Database to Database?

Thanks

Pete

Copper Contributor

Re: Dtabase within the Database

I think your best bet is to save archived copies of you DB with the inactive contacts.  It will be a separate DB outside of the original one.  You can make copies by going on the local computer/server and choosing File > Save Copy As and make a new DB.

You other option would be to create a checkbox field and name it something like INACTIVE.  Simply check the box when they are inactive.  You then could then create a Group named something like "Inactive Customers" and have them automatically added when you check the box.  To me it's not worth exporting them out.  Unless your DB is so large, which would surprise me.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Dtabase within the Database

Pete-tpa wrote:

Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 2

Shared Database

I am a newby here, this being my first post.

Also did not find topics on this question.

Would like to ctreate a Database (secondary) within the main ACT Database to move inactive contacts to, however not delete them, just in case that they do become active again.

Is there a way to do that, and can contact be easily moved from Database to Database?

Thanks

Pete

Pete,

You could create a new Act! user, which will create a Record Manager that you could assign these records to. Make the user Inactive in the Manage Users utility. When you want to hide the records simply make the records Private in the Access level area found under the Contact Info tab in contact records in Act!. To view the hidden records you would need to logon to Act! as the new user, so you would need to make the user Active to do so first. The records could be unhidden by changing Access level back from Private  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog