Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Drop down list values- too short

Copper Contributor

Drop down list values- too short

Is there a way to increase the legnth of the drop down list of values? I realize one can scroll up and down but I have found that even lists with 2 or 3 entries will cut off the last 1 or entries and insert a scroll bar. Why? If there are only 2-3 things to choose from then I would like to see them all.

Any suggestion(s)

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Drop down list values- too short

Which version of Act! are you running?  And what is the operating system for your computer?

Does this happen with the State drop-down list? 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

Win 7 Pro 32-bit (on a new machine)

Seems to be consistent with all drop-down lists, including state (or province in CA)

Copper Contributor

No ideas?
Platinum Super Contributor

I'm unable to reproduce the results you are describing.  My results are: if the drop-down list is 10 items or less it will not present the scroll bar.

The effect you describe may be due to your monitor's DPI or Screen Resolution settings.

Does this happen with all of the layouts?  and in the Act Demo database?

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

1. I'm running WIN 7 Pro. My notebook monitor display resolution is 1600 x 900; 32bit colour quality; DPI setting is 9 point Segoe UI at 96 pixels per inch, scaled to 100%
  2. I have a custom contact layout so I tried inserting the field into an ACT basic default layout 1024x768 and the drop down list works as expected.

So this must be connected with my layout settings?

What should I look for?

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I know it is not a recent post but I am going through the same problem.
A drop down list of three items displays items by two only and I have to scroll for the third one.
A drop down list of let's say 10 items displays like 5 or 6 and I have to scroll for the other values.

Can we set a default value somewhere for which a scroll bar is used only if items > value or something like that?

Thank you
Gregory

Copper Super Contributor

Any update on this?
Thank you