Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Drop Down doesn't appear until I move my mouse?

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Drop Down doesn't appear until I move my mouse?

I'm running Act v21 Premium and recently built some new fields in our layout that have drop downs.  When I click the arrow on the field to view the drop down options, the menu does not appear until I move my mouse.  This is happening with some fields, but not all.  Is there anything I can do so the menu appears immediately?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amanda Hayden
‎02-24-2021 05:53 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Drop Down doesn't appear until I move my mouse?

[ Edited ]

Hi again Amanda

Found a layout where this was happening. Looked for a tech solution and could not work out why it was happening.

SO

I deleted the field from the layout and saved the layout and then put the field back in - and it worked. No idea why!

Worth a try?

NB I did not delete the field from the database as that would have lost data, only removed from the layout and then put it back in

Amanda added - Yep this worked!  Just needed to restart Act after doing that and I was good to go.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Super Contributor

I have noticed this on a few layouts but never really investigated why.

What I would make sure of is in the design mode that on the field you right click and click on bring to front to see if that helps. 

Copper Contributor

That was a good thought, but no dice!

Solution
Accepted by topic author Amanda Hayden
‎02-24-2021 05:53 AM
Silver Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi again Amanda

Found a layout where this was happening. Looked for a tech solution and could not work out why it was happening.

SO

I deleted the field from the layout and saved the layout and then put the field back in - and it worked. No idea why!

Worth a try?

NB I did not delete the field from the database as that would have lost data, only removed from the layout and then put it back in

Amanda added - Yep this worked!  Just needed to restart Act after doing that and I was good to go.  Thank you!

Copper Contributor

Yep this worked!  Just needed to restart Act after doing that and I was good to go.  Thank you!