Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Drop Down Menu not working

Copper Contributor

Drop Down Menu not working

Act V 18, Premium for web. Just upgraded this month. Running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3. This issue happens on IE11 and on Chrome browsers.

In a contact page, whether existing or new contact, the drop down menu for ID/Status does not work. We have several values in this field. ID/Status is the primary division for the contacts in the database.

Long time ACT user

Administrator

Re: Drop Down Menu not working

[ Edited ]

Hi M Tyson,

Do you have any other multi-select drop down fields in your layout? Do they work?

Does the field work correctly on any other machines?

Could you test the ID/Status field from the demo database on the same machine to see if that also has the issue?

It might be worth exporting your drop down list items from this field and sending them over so that we may take a look and see if we can replicate your issue in house.

Copper Contributor

The other drop-downs work fine.

My associate using a MAC the ID/Status drop-down works. For some reason I can't log into the demo database to test there.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

When you say the drop down does not work, what exactly happens when you try to click on it?

You should be able to test using this demo server: https://master.hosted1.act.com/APFW
Leave the password field blank.

As this issue does not occur on other devices using your database, and along with the other issue you have posted about, I'm beginning to think that the may be some environmental issue on your device that is affecting how the Act web interface is being displayed. 

Copper Contributor

When I click the down arrow, nothing at all happens. Just went to Lookup>ID.Status, and in the search dialog box the drop-down arrow does work, revealing the list. Also on the Demo DB, the Drop-down arrow on ID/Status DOES work.

Best regards

Administrator

When your colleague tested your database on a Mac, did you log into the database using your user account, or theirs?
Perhaps you could test again on another Windows machine using your account credentials.

It would be worthwhile posting a short screen recording of the issues you're experiencing (including the contact list issue). Jing is some useful software that can do this.