Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Downloading to Excel

Downloading to Excel

I have used Sage ACT for years, most recently 2013.

I frequently download Look Up lists to Excel to edit for email blasts and large mailings.

Last week, my Excel icon was not live.  This week the Excel icon does not appear on my menu.  What happened?  How can I resolve it?  Rob

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Downloading to Excel

Hi,

there are different reasons why this can happen

1. you are not on the list view  (excel export only works on list views (where you see a bunch of contacts)

2. your admin did revoke the right to export to excel

3. your office was removed/updated

Regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Thank you for your Reply.

I did go to list List View, and the Excel icon appears.  Thanks for that!  But the icon is not live.

I'm the only one who uses ACT, so I'm the Admin.  And I have not been excluded.

Any ideas on how to light up the Excel icon?  Rob

Bronze Elite Contributor

To try and find out where this is broken - do you still have the option in Opportunities to export the list to Excel?

When I go into Opportunities there is an Excel icon, but it is not active.

ACT suggested I pay $99 for a one-time fix. Is there any other way to go? Rob
Bronze Elite Contributor

Very first - Right click on ACT icon to open ACT and select run as administrator in case there is some problem with Windows Account Setting.

Next try items listed in - http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28640/~/export-to-excel-icon-is-grayed-out-in-sage-a...

I would then try a repair of Office, Use change option in Add or remove programs for MS Office and then repair option.

I think this is moving in the right direction.  I did try https://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28640/~/export-to-excel-icon-is-grayed-out-in-sage-... . Is there any more to the link?  It is coming up with an "Error" message.

I had to upgrate to 2013 Act when I bought a new PC with Windows 8.0.  I've recently gotten a 8.1 update.  I'm also running Office Suite 365 (Cloud), with its normal updates.  Does Act support these?  Rob

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi,

office 365 is only supported with the "local" mode (then it is probably called office2013) ,(and also only supported with ACT16) and windos 8.1 is only supported with ACT16,

so my sugestion would be, install Office2013 (local mode) and then install act16, then you should be fine

regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040