Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Downgrade Excel without re-installing ACT

Copper Contributor

Downgrade Excel without re-installing ACT

Can't find this addressed. Running ACT 2009 with Office 2010. I know 2009 can't export to Excel 2010, it's greyed out. Can I simply install Excel 2007? Do I need to remove Excel 2010?  Most inportant - do I need to uninstall ACT and reinstall ACT after Excel 2007?  Have 4 users that suddenly need to export their lists to Excel....

Thanks

Loren

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Downgrade Excel without re-installing ACT

If your email integration is currently working with ACT! 2009 and Outlook 2010, attempting any changes to ACT!/Office may break that integration.  The email integration would be a remnant of the previous Office installation. 

You may want to suggest that they use the File > Export > to CSV option.  The users can export to a CSV file which can then be opened in Excel.  It will export all fields, but once in Excel they can be removed.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Email is already Outlook 2007, works correctly. I knew about the email lack of compatibility with ACT 2009, didn't realize Excel was also wacky with list export. If I simply uninstall Excel 2010 and install Excel 2007, do you think list export would work OK? I'd rather not uninstall and re-install ACT for all our users....

Thx

Platinum Super Contributor

Ok - since you have Outlook 2007, the integration with Outlook should not be an issue.

When installing ACT!, it locates the registry keys for the Office programs - if you install Excel 2007, you will need to reinstall ACT! so that it can locate the new Excel keys.
Greg Martin
Sage