Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Downgrade ACT Premium 16.3.11.0 to 16.0.291.0

Highlighted

Downgrade ACT Premium 16.3.11.0 to 16.0.291.0

Is there a way to downgrade ACT Premium 16.3.11.0 to 16.0.291.0?  I had issues with my computer and reinstalled ACT by downloading a copy from the website.  Since it was a different version than the rest of the company it asks me to update to database and won't let me access it until it is updated.  I cannot have everyone at the company update their versions so I need to get 16.0.291.0.

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Downgrade ACT Premium 16.3.11.0 to 16.0.291.0

[ Edited ]

I've sent you a private message with the Act v16.0 download link.
Installing v16.0 from this link would be the best course of action if you can't upgrade the other machines.

I would suggest that you consider upgrading the other machines to the latest version of Act available to you when possible.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi, If I want to downgrade Version 21.0.295.0, Update 9 to Act! Version 21.0 Update 7, is it okay? I just install the update? 

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

As it did not contain a schema update it should be OK as it will not have changed the database  but it might need a fresh ACT installation back to 21.0 and then apply the appropriate patch. 

NB:  Installations often sideslip the latest patch for the version being installed as part of the installation process, to stop this happening disconnect from the internet before installing the software.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Updates don't change the schema, so your Up9 shouldn't have an issue with connecting to an Up7 database ... though the users would possibly benefit from everyone going to the current update
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I got some issue on my ACT. But, if I downgrade to update 7, you think it will solve my problem? because i'm using update 9 and that is the latest update, isn't?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

The heading and the version are different for anyone reading this and it refers now to ACT V21.

Although you have the latest update for V21 there was a schema update to ACT V21.1 which is now patched to update 4

Before offering any further advice we need to know if this is a stand alone installation or are you on a shard or synced database?

You speak of issues, what are they as they maybe unrelated?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I'm using shared database. I installed it on server.

I noticed my issue on Version 22.
1) Attempting to clear activity causes a logout.
2) Putting some notes & completing a task causes a logout
3) Notes created in Act Web do not display correctly and use the incorrect font

I attached a video of notes issue for your references