Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Double Field Entry in Word Template

Double Field Entry in Word Template

I've designed an ACT! template for our company letterhead that includes a "My Record" field with the employee's initials. For some reason, whenever I go to use the template, my initials are entered by ACT! twice (e.g., at the bottom of the template this appears: CPDCPD/hrh, when it should appear as: CPD/hrh).

I've tried removing my initials from Microsoft Word 2007, but this hasn't solved the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Double Field Entry in Word Template

Some questions for you:

What version/build of ACT! are you using?

Are you using a custom field you created for the initials? If so, there is no need to use a My Record field.

If you add the initials field to one of the standard templates in ACT! (ie, Letter.adt, Fax Cover Page.adt), does the same thing happen? May be a damaged template

If you create a new field, call it "InitialsTest", put some data in it, add it to a template, and run it....does the same thing happen? May be a damaged field.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Double Field Entry in Word Template

Using ACT! 11 Premium. Your suggestion to try and modify an existing ACT! Letter template worked...thanks!