Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Double Company names in CONTACT

Copper Contributor

Double Company names in CONTACT

I can make "Scan for Duplicates" based on Company field only and see a list of all double CompanyFields in CONTACT screen.

Can I make a listing of all CompaniesFields in CONTACT  which are --NOT--  dupilcates  ?

I am trying to make from these Companyfields a "maincontact" field " being marked with eg.: " * "

(or similar in ACTDemo15 KeyContact "checked")

There are 50.000 plus records, so manually is not possible.

Starting doing manually I make a choice of say 5 same companyfields which is the most important and mark it with *

Is there a solution ? with a more complex filtering... ?

Thanks, William

Copper Contributor

Re: Double Company names in CONTACT --Partly Solved.!

With a test I did:

Scan for Duplicates, on only Company fields in Contact screen.

I have now a list of all the double companies (with each different private contact/persons fields).

I made  an extra field called  "Double"... ....did then  Replace Double still empty field with " * "

Then Filter Double fields does not contain " * " and I have all the Companies wthout doubles,which I need for

an other job.

Now the worst part is coming to work on all  the "double" fields,made a group of the filter for easier approach.

Now I have to sort this out ,which of the list double company names (mark the MainContactFields with " * " , say the Boss,The one with email or something else in  an other field....    Working on this ,  ANY IDEAS ??

William