Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Dont try and load Act Quickbooks link in Vista

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Dont try and load Act Quickbooks link in Vista

On the page to buy Actlink for Quickbooks you need to scroll down to see this does not run under Vista. I made the mistake of buying it off the screen without seeing this warning (I have suggested it as at the top?)

This screwed up Act and SQL server - Tech support and I spent a total of nearly 24 hours over last week trying to get things straight. Last Friday a senior tech logged into my machine and spent nearly 3 hours to get it straight. I had spent the same that morning going through the unistall - re-install. That does not do the job. A manual edit of the registry is required and total removal of SQL server also. This meant having to set up SQL server for my other application again.

The QB Link does not run under Vista - you have been warned!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author airlite
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Dont try and load Act Quickbooks link in Vista

Thanks for that info... mind you, I've been waiting for 3 years for a QB Link that works in Australia :-(

We actually offered to write it for them several times over the years.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author airlite
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Thanks for that info... mind you, I've been waiting for 3 years for a QB Link that works in Australia :-(

We actually offered to write it for them several times over the years.
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Airlite,

I wanted to post and let you know that the page has now been edited so that the Vista note is now at the top of the page and bolded.

Amanda