Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Does the ADF file date and time change as you enter new contacts and update the database?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Does the ADF file date and time change as you enter new contacts and update the database?

Hello All,

I am using act 2011 premium, and entered a few contacts throughout the day and it works fine.

I niotice when I go to windows explorer, and look at the directory where the data is stored, the time of those files

show only this mornings time, but my database has entered data all day.

In previous versions of act, I would see the date and time of the DBF file change when I enter info in my database,

so how come in act 2011 it does not show the updated time of the file?

Is the data updating elsewhere other than the ADF file? How come the date and time of my ADF file is the same

as this morning evern though I entered data all day long ? Should it not show the latest time of any data entry in the database?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author altrus
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Does the ADF file date and time change as you enter new contacts and update the database?

Hello altrus,
I believe this question was answered in another post:
http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Premium/What-files-do-I-have-to-back-up-on-act-2011-premium/m-p...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Re: Does the ADF file date and time change as you enter new contacts and update the database?

Perhaps I can try again...

What file updates (ADF?) when new records are updated?

Previously it was teh DBF, but in act 2011, what file grows in size and updates when the database grows?

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember the good old days in the forums every message was reponded to, nowdays I see tons of inquiries left unreplied.

Why no replies????

please help!

Solution
Accepted by topic author altrus
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello altrus,
I believe this question was answered in another post:
http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Premium/What-files-do-I-have-to-back-up-on-act-2011-premium/m-p...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

yes thanks Greig!