Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Does anyone know how to stop multiple meetings/tasks from reoccurring?

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know how to stop multiple meetings/tasks from reoccurring?

I have one or two meetings that ACT has replicated at the same time on the same day over 1000 times in my calendar and is reoccurring monthly now into eternity.

This has rendered my calendar and tasks unusable and slowed ACT to a snail like pace. I can delete multiple activities but this is no use as the meetings go on forever. Does anyone know how to stop multiple meetings/tasks from reoccurring? With how slow my ACT calendar is now running it will take me weeks to delete all of these one at a time, each one takes one to two minutes.

I have tried repairing the database.

Thanks for any advice.

Jonny

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone know how to stop multiple meetings/tasks from reoccurring?

When you erase a reoccurring task you will be given the option to erase "all occurrences", each task is its own series so you will have to erase them individually.
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Nickel Super Contributor

Jonny,

You may also want to consider sending your database in to our database services team.

They will be able to remove the activities all at once for you.

You can get more info at the following website.

Database Services

Copper Contributor

Thanks Brad but this "all occurrences" option only works if you delete one item at a time and unfortunately that will take weeks to do with how many there are and how slow the delete all occurrences function is working with all the data in there.

I will tray contacting the database services team.

It has just happened on a second computer here, it happened when the person Synced Act with their outlook activities. The meeting was in ACT but not in Outlook, he synced his ACT and it created 64 occurrences of the meeting in ACT and none in Outlook.

I'm not sure how to stop this do I need to reinstall ACT again?

Thanks,

Jonny

Copper Contributor

I was just viewing my colleges computer the one that also has multiple duplicated meetings as ACT Scheduler was running, this programwas using 1.3Gig of memory to run, is this normal?

Cheers,

Jonny 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Backup first in case there is damage in the database that might get worse.

Highlight the activities in the task list, right-click - Clear Multiple Activities. Then select Erase.

You should then to a Check&Repair and, for good measure, run the ACTDIAG repair options.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Arrr this problem is driving me insane. ACT is steadily becoming a thorn in my side and take up more time than these functions used to take manually.

I have been able to delete all the duplicated meetings through using the 'Outlook Activities -Remove all Outlook activities from ACT' function. But anytime I update outlook activities within ACT, the ACT calendar duplicates hundreds of one meeting that is reoccurring monthly. All other meetings and activities are fine. Even when I select 'Update Today and Future' only it creates this reoccurring meeting in last month as well. This meeting doesn’t even exist in Outlook because ACT deleted it out of Outlook about a month or two ago.

I have tried fixing the database by completing the following tasks, does anyone have any other suggestions?

1. Database maintenance, check and repair

2. Running actdiag, repair database

3. Uninstalling and Reinstalling ACT

4. Removing and re setting up the ACT Address Book

5. Clearing all the meetings out of Outlook

Thanks,

Jonny

Message Edited by skeates on 08-27-2008 04:36 PM
Copper Contributor

What version of ACT are you running including patches and Hot Fixes. Go to Help, About ACT and give the ACT version number in full. 

There may be a fix as ACT was a sod with reoccurring activities and outlook and the design team did have a fix.

Do not know how effective it was and need your version number to see if it is any help for you. 

Chip

Independent Support for ACT UK

Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Contributor

Hi Chip,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, I've been out of the office most of this week. I am currently running: ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.2.191 

Thanks for any advice.

Jonny