Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Does Gmail download into the History of the Contact?

Copper Elite Contributor

Does Gmail download into the History of the Contact?

I'm sorry if I am not asking this correctly. Will a email form my Gmail account download directly into the contact of the sender like it does on Outlook?

Here's the delima:

I am using a Macbook Pro running Parallels. ACT 2010 is working VERY well. The only issue that I have run into is not having a PC version of Outlook. I am using Office for Mac and that does not work alongside of ACT. 

I downloaded a PC version of Outlook and it works well, but it made my MBP run slowly so I emoved it from the PC side.

I really have no need to upgrade to 2012. But really need to record my emails. Any suggestions? Thx.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Does Gmail download into the History of the Contact?

Unfortunately, I think in your situation upgrading to 2012 is the only option, since the Outlook integration does not work (or does not work well).  2012's Google integration will "sync" the Inbox and Sent Items folder(s) to History in ACT!

Good luck (download the trial first)...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Does Gmail download into the History of the Contact?

Just a reminder: If you upgrade to ACT! 2012, it will update your database to a format that will no longer work in ACT! 2010. Before updating (assuming trial version), be sure to create a backup of your database in ACT! 2010 (File > Backup > Database), in case you decide to go back to ACT! 2010.
Greg Martin
Sage