Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Documents not attaching to e-mail and Mail Merge not working

New Member
Posts: 16
Country: USA

Documents not attaching to e-mail and Mail Merge not working

I'm having quite a few problems. Please help!

 

We are using ACT! Premium for Workgroups 2006 Version 8.0.2.82 with Outlook 2003 and work off of a terminal server.

 

1. When I try to send an email with a file attachment (meaning an actual document, not the email as an "attach to contact") it does not work. Multiple users are having the same problem. So far only one person has been able to send with an attachment.

 

2. Mail Merge is acting crazy. I first tried it on about 450 contacts. Only 121 sent. ACT! seemed to pick and choose which contacts to send to throughout the lookup and then stopped at 121. It did record through the entire list the emails that did not get sent though.

 

Performed second mail merge on 275, only 121 sent again. Then performed again on 155, 123 sent. Then on 33, NONE of them sent! Now its not even working.

 

At first I was using a Microsoft Word template, but the test recipient kept getting an Active X error so then had to create one in ACT! word processor.

 

3. I tried doing it manually by cutting and pasting the email addresses from the lookup, but everytime I even tried to highlight in the "To:" box, ACT! email crashes.

 

Any help would be appreciated!

Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 14,384
Country: Australia

Re: Documents not attaching to e-mail and Mail Merge not working


stwlact wrote:

I'm having quite a few problems. Please help!

 

We are using ACT! Premium for Workgroups 2006 Version 8.0.2.82 with Outlook 2003 and work off of a terminal server.

 

1. When I try to send an email with a file attachment (meaning an actual document, not the email as an "attach to contact") it does not work. Multiple users are having the same problem. So far only one person has been able to send with an attachment.

What happens when it doesn't work?

2. Mail Merge is acting crazy. I first tried it on about 450 contacts. Only 121 sent. ACT! seemed to pick and choose which contacts to send to throughout the lookup and then stopped at 121. It did record through the entire list the emails that did not get sent though.

 

Performed second mail merge on 275, only 121 sent again. Then performed again on 155, 123 sent. Then on 33, NONE of them sent! Now its not even working.

Outlook (and ACT! connected to it) will have issues when sending to over 100 contacts. It just doesn't handle it.

You should look at using either MergeMaster! or SwiftPage for this

At first I was using a Microsoft Word template, but the test recipient kept getting an Active X error so then had to create one in ACT! word processor.

That would be this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/3pssjd

3. I tried doing it manually by cutting and pasting the email addresses from the lookup, but everytime I even tried to highlight in the "To:" box, ACT! email crashes.

Similar to above